If you are living in your home while it is on the market, here are five tips that will help you make the selling process smoother:
1. Start packing now. To get rid of the items cluttering the inside of your home, you can rent a storage unit or ask a friend if they have room in their garage.
2. Declutter. You can also sell or give away items you do not need.
3. Do a deep clean. Clean everything inside your home so that it is ready for an open house.
4. Make sure your valuables are safe. Since you will have people going in and out of your house, it is possible some might try looking through your stuff, so make sure your valuables are stored away in a safe or in a secure drawer.
5. Try to make the process fun. If you have kids, make a game out of it with them. If might be a stressful period for you and your family, so make the situation as lighthearted and stress-free as possible.
If you have any more questions about this topic or you have any other real estate needs, please feel free to reach out to us. We would be glad to help you.