If you are thinking of listing your home, what are the top five renovations you should consider making to it?
First, before you do anything, remember to set a budget for your renovations. Most of the sellers we work with set a budget of roughly $5,000, so take that into consideration.
Now, here are the top five renovations you should consider making to your home before listing it:
1. A fresh coat of paint. Do not go with just any paint color, either—choose a contemporary color. Light grays are very popular right now, and a simple Google search can give you tons of great ideas in how to apply it. A fresh coat of paint will give you the best bang for your buck.
2. Hire a professional cleaner. They will clean all the nooks and crannies of your house that you never even thought about, and they will have it looking fresh and vibrant again.
3. Pressure-wash your home’s exterior. This will give your home a facelift, so to speak.
4. Make the front side of your house look as nice as possible. Curb appeal is crucial when selling real estate, so mow the yard, trim the hedges, and do whatever else you need to do to get your front yard in shape.
5. Update your garage. If your garage door is the old-fashioned type that extends outward when you open it, we recommend updating it. A professional installation will cost you less than $1,000.
We know we said we would give you the top five renovations you can make to your home before listing, but we decided to add two more bonus renovations if you have a budget of $10,000 or $15,000. Why? Because we like to over-deliver.
6. Invest in your kitchen. For example, you can update your cabinets.
7. Get your roof examined. Call a roof doctor to come to your home and examine your roof so you can get an estimate of its lifespan.
This last bit of advice does not count as a renovation, but it is no less important: hire a professional Realtor. They are worth their weight in gold. If you do not know any Realtors, we would be glad to introduce ourselves.
If you have any other questions or any other real estate needs, please feel free to reach out to us. We would love to speak to you.